Uwe Lamann †
Uwe Lamann was President of the German East Forum Munich for many years and, following the merger with the OstWestWirtschaftsClub Bayern, was Vice-President of the OstWestWirtschaftsForum Bayern from 2016 to 2019. He died suddenly and unexpectedly on 23 July 2020.
It is with great sadness that we must bid farewell to Uwe Lamann. The Presidium and Board of Directors are mourning the loss of an outstanding personality who was instrumental in the positive development of our association during his time as a member of the Presidium since 2016.
The graduate telecommunications engineer (Dipl. Ing.) and former executive board member of Leoni AG, Nuremberg, was a long-standing member of supervisory and advisory boards of national and international companies. For example, he was a member of the advisory board of the North Bavarian Business Plan Competition for several years and thus a committed supporter of the regional start-up scene.
The news of the completely unexpected death of our Vice President Uwe H. Lamann has deeply affected us. With his great professional competence and human greatness, he had a decisive influence on the OWWF. We are very sad about the loss - we will miss his commitment, his advice and his knowledge very much. Our thoughts are with his wife and his family.
Update to OWWF in times of Corona
The corona pandemic pulverized our schedule in the first half of the year. Even events already planned for the second half of the year were not feasible because all personal contacts, travel and other activities necessary for preparation, e.g. for the delegation trip to Volgograd planned for September, could not take place. The Bavarian State Parliament had also cancelled all events and the programme of meetings was carried out with a minimum number of members in the plenary and in the committees. In the meantime, a hygiene concept for the autumn has been drawn up, which will make events with a reduced number of participants possible again. We are planning a streamlined Russia Forum for the end of November/beginning of December and also want to hold an event in Nuremberg on the subject of "shortage of skilled workers". Using digital media, we are trying to increase the number of participants, even if personal presence is not possible. Read more>
Besides Corona, the work at the OWWF was additionally interrupted by longer health problems of our Managing Vice President Hermann Pönisch. At the moment we are trying to catch up on what we missed so far. Soon we will be able to provide further information on the points mentioned below:
- Reception for the Consular Corps: On Wednesday, March 4, 2020 we had our last "pre-Corona event". We were guests at the SPATEN - Brewery. After a factory tour we could taste fresh beer with a Bavarian snack.
- Meeting between State Secretary Karel Dobes and Gf. Vice President Hermann Pönisch: Karel Dobes is a member of the board of directors of the OWWF and in the Czech government responsible for aerospace. He was in Munich for talks on 24 February 2020. Dobes suggested a closer cooperation between the Czech and Bavarian space industry. In preparation for this, one event is to be held in the Czech Republic and one in Bavaria.
- Cooperation OWWF - GPB - BHA: A close cooperation with the associations Global Partners Bavaria GPB and Bavarian Health Association BHA (headed by our member Michael Koller) is being prepared. For this purpose, a conference was held on 16-17 June 2020.
- "Capital Talks" in Munich from 22 - 28 November 2020 in cooperation with DRJUG e.V. (voluntary network of young Russia and Germany experts from both countries). During this week, opportunities for innovation in various fields will be discussed. Several visits to companies are also planned.
- OWWF Round Table - OWWF Stammtische: As a replacement for the Munich Maximilianeumsrunde we wanted to establish an OWWF Round Table - OWWF Stammtisch in different cities in Bavaria already in spring. For the beginning we had thought of Munich, Nuremberg, Regensburg, Deggendorf, Weiden and Würzburg. We are happy to accept further suggestions and support for implementation.
- In the pipeline are still planned events such as Economic Forums Bavaria - Poland, Bavaria - Ukraine, Bavaria - Russia and Bavaria - Bulgaria
Next Events: Skilled Workers - Fall 2020 / 22.-28.11. Capital Talks / Economic Forum Russia - planned for Nov/Dez 2020 / Opening DanubeMacroRegionBusinessWeek DMRBW - postponed to 04 Oct 2021 / Economic Forum Serbia - postponed